Braaten Law Firm is seeking an attorney with 1-5 years of experience, and an attorney with 5-10 years of experience (preferably with some supervisory experience).
We are staunch advocates for landowners and the land, and our practice is a mix of agricultural law, eminent domain and constitutional law, energy law, and environmental law. Our practice has been referred to as “good guy law” because we take pride in standing up for the little guy, taking on the toughest cases, and proving that landowners can use the judicial system as the great leveler to take on Goliath and win.
Braaten Law is a boutique firm that handles complex litigation against some of the largest corporate defense firms in the country and wins. We have handled numerous cases and issues of first impression and established important legal precedent for landowners. An ideal candidate will be passionate about working for farmers, ranchers, and rural communities, and will need to be self-reliant and seize responsibility. It is a fast-paced practice with significant pressure, but also significant opportunities for someone who is driven and wants to fight on the front lines for farmers and ranchers and the land.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft motions, briefs, discovery requests and responses, and other legal documents.
- Conduct legal and other research in support of litigation.
- Attend meetings with clients, witnesses, and co-counsel and staff.
- Conduct and defend depositions.
- Prepare for and participate in hearings and trials.
- Edit and negotiate leases, easements, and other agreements.
- Achieve productivity and billable hour goals.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of legal technology and related information technology.
Applicants must be law school graduates who are or will be admitted to the state bar of North Dakota. The ideal applicant will have:
- A strong work ethic
- Interest in fast-paced complex litigation
- Excellent academic record and writing ability
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time position with an excellent benefits package. Our firm’s office culture is collaborative, open, and family friendly. Salary is commensurate with relevant professional experience. Benefits include:
- Paid single health insurance plan (AFLAC, Dental, and Vision policies are available for employee purchase. Pretax flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care are available).
- Simple IRA with company match
- Laptop and cell phone
- Attorney license renewals, registration fees, and travel expenses for approved CLE (Continuing Legal Education) credits
This position is open immediately, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please email a cover letter, resume, law school transcript, three references, and writing sample to the attention of Lisa Rask, Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be confidential.